Configuration clock tool KE16Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration clock tool KE16Z

Jump to solution
Contributor II

Hi, I have just dowloaded SDK_2.5.3_FRDM-KE16Z_ConfigTools_data.zip because I can't se the clock configuration tool for the KE16Z (based on its freedom board).

But I can't install it in the xpresso ide.

Can you suggetst a method, please ?
Thanks in advance.
Claudio
0 Kudos
1 Solution
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @claudiobrunelli 

After following the process that @liborukropec  kindly posted, just to confirm

Are you facing facing an error that does  not let you work with the tool?

Being that the case:

1. Could you provide us a screen shot?
  2. Could you try to see if the problem can be replicated using an FRDM-KE16Z SDK example?

It could be the case that you are facing an error like this:

diego_charles_0-1599106907671.png

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Contributor II

Hy guys my apologies for delay in answer. I followed the Libor's indications. At the beginnig of my problem, I was no able to open the config tools. I mean that I could see the main config tools but pins, clock and other weren't linked with the project. Keeping a different project open (with K27 specifically) everything was fine. As it was the first time I used this freedom board I thought there was something wrong in my project. Some days later I tried to create the melf file ouside the project and I could to modify the clock's functions. Then with a new project just created I opened the mex file in the project and finally it works fine.
Thanks Libor and thanks Diego for yours support.

Claudio

0 Kudos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am glad to hear that you managed to solve the issue, Claudio!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Contributor II

Hy guys my apologies for delay in answer. I followed the Libor's indications. At the beginnig of my problem, I was no able to open the config tools. I mean that I could see the main config tools but pins, clock and other weren't linked with the project. Keeping a different project open (with K27 specifically) everything was fine. As it was the first time I used this freedom board I thought there was something wrong in my project. Some days later I tried to create the melf file ouside the project and I could to modify the clock's functions. Then with a new project just created I opened the mex file in the project and finally it works fine.
Thanks Libor and thanks Diego for yours support.

Claudio

0 Kudos
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Claudio,

sorry for delay, NXP community was under maintenance and then in read-only mode.

If you use MCUXpresso IDE 11.2, then the FRDM-KE16Z should support Pins,Clock and Peripherals tools. If you have already create MEX configuration, you can switch between Config Tools using main menu "ConfigTools"

liborukropec_0-1599060433122.png

If you haven't created the MEX (Config Tools) configuration yet, you can create it using either "Quickstart Panel" view:

liborukropec_1-1599060671787.png

Or right click on workspace SDK based project folder:

liborukropec_2-1599060724530.png

The mentioned downloaded ZIP file is used for situations when the MCUXpresso IDE/Config Tools for any reason does not have connection to the internet and the Config Tools data cannot be downloaded automatically on-the-fly. These data can be downloaded on mcuxpresso.nxp.com and imported using "File | Import..." and using wizard "MCUXpresso Config Tools => Import processor data".

liborukropec_3-1599060870634.png

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @claudiobrunelli 

After following the process that @liborukropec  kindly posted, just to confirm

Are you facing facing an error that does  not let you work with the tool?

Being that the case:

1. Could you provide us a screen shot?
  2. Could you try to see if the problem can be replicated using an FRDM-KE16Z SDK example?

It could be the case that you are facing an error like this:

diego_charles_0-1599106907671.png

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you obtained the same error window than me:

You may want to try the following:

Go to file (project-> board->peripherals.c) and replace references from KE15Z to KE16Z

KE16error.JPG

for the following ones

processor: MKE16Z64xxx4

package_id: MKE16Z64VLF4

board: FRDM-KE16Z

Ke16z_solution.JPG

regards,

Diego

0 Kudos