cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration clock tool KE16Z

Jump to solution
claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

Hi, I have just dowloaded SDK_2.5.3_FRDM-KE16Z_ConfigTools_data.zip because I can't se the clock configuration tool for the KE16Z (based on its freedom board).

But I can't install it in the xpresso ide.

Can you suggetst a method, please ?
Thanks in advance.
Claudio
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @claudiobrunelli 

After following the process that @liborukropec  kindly posted, just to confirm

Are you facing facing an error that does  not let you work with the tool?

Being that the case:

1. Could you provide us a screen shot?
  2. Could you try to see if the problem can be replicated using an FRDM-KE16Z SDK example?

It could be the case that you are facing an error like this:

diego_charles_0-1599106907671.png

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

Hy guys my apologies for delay in answer. I followed the Libor's indications. At the beginnig of my problem, I was no able to open the config tools. I mean that I could see the main config tools but pins, clock and other weren't linked with the project. Keeping a different project open (with K27 specifically) everything was fine. As it was the first time I used this freedom board I thought there was something wrong in my project. Some days later I tried to create the melf file ouside the project and I could to modify the clock's functions. Then with a new project just created I opened the mex file in the project and finally it works fine.
Thanks Libor and thanks Diego for yours support.

Claudio

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am glad to hear that you managed to solve the issue, Claudio!

Regards,

0 Kudos
claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

Hy guys my apologies for delay in answer. I followed the Libor's indications. At the beginnig of my problem, I was no able to open the config tools. I mean that I could see the main config tools but pins, clock and other weren't linked with the project. Keeping a different project open (with K27 specifically) everything was fine. As it was the first time I used this freedom board I thought there was something wrong in my project. Some days later I tried to create the melf file ouside the project and I could to modify the clock's functions. Then with a new project just created I opened the mex file in the project and finally it works fine.
Thanks Libor and thanks Diego for yours support.

Claudio

0 Kudos
liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Claudio,

sorry for delay, NXP community was under maintenance and then in read-only mode.

If you use MCUXpresso IDE 11.2, then the FRDM-KE16Z should support Pins,Clock and Peripherals tools. If you have already create MEX configuration, you can switch between Config Tools using main menu "ConfigTools"

liborukropec_0-1599060433122.png

If you haven't created the MEX (Config Tools) configuration yet, you can create it using either "Quickstart Panel" view:

liborukropec_1-1599060671787.png

Or right click on workspace SDK based project folder:

liborukropec_2-1599060724530.png

The mentioned downloaded ZIP file is used for situations when the MCUXpresso IDE/Config Tools for any reason does not have connection to the internet and the Config Tools data cannot be downloaded automatically on-the-fly. These data can be downloaded on mcuxpresso.nxp.com and imported using "File | Import..." and using wizard "MCUXpresso Config Tools => Import processor data".

liborukropec_3-1599060870634.png

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @claudiobrunelli 

After following the process that @liborukropec  kindly posted, just to confirm

Are you facing facing an error that does  not let you work with the tool?

Being that the case:

1. Could you provide us a screen shot?
  2. Could you try to see if the problem can be replicated using an FRDM-KE16Z SDK example?

It could be the case that you are facing an error like this:

diego_charles_0-1599106907671.png

Regards,

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if you obtained the same error window than me:

You may want to try the following:

Go to file (project-> board->peripherals.c) and replace references from KE15Z to KE16Z

KE16error.JPG

for the following ones

processor: MKE16Z64xxx4

package_id: MKE16Z64VLF4

board: FRDM-KE16Z

Ke16z_solution.JPG

regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

I diego, my apologies for delay.

I was busy a lot. Thanks for your answer. We found out what's wrong. We discovered that mcuxpresso has something wrong in the sdk for kea16z. Infact the clock tool doesn't work with the sdk wired to the freedom board. It has the problem. But on the countrary if you use the sdk for the microcontroller only the tool works properly.

Thanks Diego.

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi claudio,

Thank you for your comments!

I am glad that you managed to overcome the issue.

Yours,

Diego

0 Kudos