cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I load a PBL file

Jump to solution
brianpaiva
Contributor III

I'm using an LS1043A and used Code Warrior to make some changes to the RCW and create a new PBL.bin, but I can't figure out how to load it.  I switched SW5[4:6] to 001 and loaded the PBL file like this:

=>tftp 0x82000000 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/tftpboot/PBL.bin
Using FM1@DTSEC1 device
TFTP from server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; our IP address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; sending through gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Filename '/tftpboot/PBL.bin'.
Load address: 0x82000000
Loading: #
39.1 KiB/s
done
Bytes transferred = 80 (50 hex)
=> protect off 0x64000000 +$filesize
Un-Protected 1 sectors
=> erase 0x64000000 +$filesize

. done
Erased 1 sectors
=> cp.b 0x82000000 0x64000000 $filesize
Copy to Flash... 9done
=> protect on 0x64000000 +$filesize
Protected 1 sectors
=> cpld reset altbank

After booting the changes that I made to RCW[SPI_BASE] and RCW[SPI_EXT] haven't been updated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 4.4.7.8 of the SDK v2.0-1703 documentation:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

This Section contains instructions for programming a new RCW.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the Section 4.4.7.8 of the SDK v2.0-1703 documentation:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/supporting-information/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.pdf

This Section contains instructions for programming a new RCW.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
brianpaiva
Contributor III

I solved my problem by importing the included rcw and building all components

0 Kudos
brianpaiva
Contributor III

These are pretty much the same steps that I used, so it still doesn't work.  Actually, if you switch to bank 0 by settings SW5[4:6] to 000 it doesn't boot anymore.  I generated the PBL by following the steps in the "PBL Configuration Tool User Guide", Document Number: QCSPBLUG, Rev 4.0, 07/2014.  Is it expected that my PBL is only 80 bytes?  Should I somehow be generating only the RCW and not PBL?

0 Kudos