Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc1788 - disable code read protection

Jump to solution
elavarasan
Contributor II

Hello,

We have enabled code read protection (level1 / CRP1) on our custom designed lpc1788 board. With CRP1 - JTAG is disabled as expected and we are not able to use JTAG to program the flash. Then, tried  to use ISP commands to erase and program...Pin 2.10 as low and using flash magic tool (UART0 of lpc1788) to program. But auto baud setup is failing. 

1)  Is there any way to remove CRP by erasing entire flash using JTAG programmer itself?  (this is  possible in ST micro controllers even if CRP/RDP level 1 is enabled). 

It will be great if you provide any solution to fix auto baud issue. Any other way to flash?

Thanks,

Elavarasan S

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
elavarasan
Contributor II

Thanks. But not able to do mass erase and we just changed controller chip.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @elavarasan 

Thank you so much for using our community. We are overloaded on the requests these days, I really appreciate your patience.

Regarding your issue, you may try to do a mass erase with your JTAG programmer, because if it was just CRP1 level, it has to let you do it. Otherwise, if it is possible, may you share with me your logs or screenshots of the "auto baud issue" and also some screenshots from your ISP commands? Just to get positioned on what you have already tried, so I can start to help you from that point.

I will stay tuned to your reply, so please if you have more questions or updates, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos
elavarasan
Contributor II

Thanks. But not able to do mass erase and we just changed controller chip.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @elavarasan 

Thank you so much for your update.

It sounds well, so please, let me know if you have more questions. Otherwise, please mark this thread as solved. I would appreciate it and you will be more than welcome to our community again to attend your questions.

Thank you in advance.
Best Regards.
Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos