cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM34Z50M demo programming

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to burn the _twr_emeter_demo program onto the TWR. I am getting a display on the LCD as

Vrms 0.0

Irms 0.0

All P values as 0

Freq 0 and so on.

I want to verify if my tower is functioning properly. Is there any other demo program to verify the functionality?

Any detailed description would be helpful.

Regards,

Harish Venkatachalam

Labels (1)
6 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Harish,

On TWR-KM34Z50MV3 main page (http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=TWR-KM34Z50M&lang_cd=) you can download a source code package (download section) called TWR-KM34_DEMO_SW.

TWR-KM34_DEMO_SW.jpg

After downloading, you need to install this packege and then import project _tower_lcd_test. (this project is located at: <installation_path>/build/<cw_10_5>/projects).

Note: Same package is also available for IAR IDE.

If you compile this project and run on your TWR board, you will see that LEDs are blinking as well as voltage level from potentiometer is displayed on LCD.

if you have any doubts please let me know it.

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi Isaac,

Thanks For replying.

We are trying to interface CDB5480 cirrus logic board with KM34Z50M TWR but facing a weird situation.

whenever we connect the TWR to the board and switch on the circuitry, the board doesn't give any proper readings (which it does when used stand alone).

Is there any chance that the TWR might be corrupting the register content on the board. or there might be some other reason.

We are pretty sure that the code we are burning onto the TWR is fine and all components are working fine standalone.

P.S. We are using the SPI communication ports.

Regards,

Harish Venkatachalam

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harish,

Are your ground references connected each other?

Ground potential on TWR system and the one in CDB5480 should be connected together.

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Hi Isaac,

The ground references are connected to each other.

The problem we are facing is:

We burn the desired program onto the TWR and when we connect the SPI pins of J10 to the corresponding pins on CDB, we are seeing that the stored values in the registers of CDB get corrupted.

The CDB works fine standalone as can be seen in its GUI.

What could be the possible reasons for this?

Regards,

Harish Venkatachalam

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Harish,

I made a quick review to CDB board and found jumper configuration to enable SPI communication. Hope this configuration is set correctly. Also, it expresses speed of 150Mbps. So please make sure current SPI module configuration accomplishes this requirements. (MSB first and SPI configuration as shows Figure 7 SPI Data and clock Timing from CS5480 datasheet http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDatasheet/CS5480_F3.pdf  )

Have you tried decoupling U6 controller from SPI interface as KM34Z50M connectivity problem suggests? In CDB5480 schematic this MCU is connected to SPI interface and maybe this is causing signal corruption.

You can use a logic analyzer to see if SPI transactions are sent correctly.

Regards,

Isaac Avila

harishvenkatach
Contributor III

Thanks for all your help Isaac.

0 Kudos