Error 'm_Text' overflowed with ---- bytes??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 'm_Text' overflowed with ---- bytes??

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi

I am using Codewarrior 10.5. while compiling a program in KL05Z32VLF4 I was getting the following error. I didn't get what the issue is and how to overcome this. Kindly help.

mtext.jpg

while evaluating I found out that in the below code when I am commenting "DMAT1_EnableChannel(dmap);" the error is not coming. I think it has something to do with DMA.

int main(void)

/*lint -restore Enable MISRA rule (6.3) checking. */

{

/* Write your local variable definition here */

/*** Processor Expert internal initialization. DON'T REMOVE THIS CODE!!! ***/

PE_low_level_init();

serial = AS1_Init(NULL);

dmap = DMAT1_Init(NULL);

UART0_C5_REG(UART0_BASE_PTR) = UART0_C5_RDMAE_MASK;  //enable DMA on uart receiver

DMAT1_AllocateChannel(dmap);

DMAT1_EnableChannel(dmap);

for(;;){}

}

I am using the following DMA Settings

dma.jpg

Kind Regards

Amit Kumar

4 Replies

carlos_neri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

That kind of errors means that the linker is not able to allocate your code into the flash, since the code size is bigger than the size specified in the linker file, which usually is the max flash available on your MCU. Removing that function from your code, makes it to not being linked, hence the code size is smaller and fits.

In this case, it seems your application won't fit the 32Kb available on your MCU.

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi Carlos

Thanks for the quick response. Might be that is the issue.

Regards

Amit Kumar.

MVa
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Carlos,

try to use DMAChannel_LDD component instead of DMATransfer_LDD. It doesn't require so much memory resources.

DMA.jpg

Best Regards

MVa

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

HI

Thanks for the suggestion. I was wondering what is the difference b/w DMAChannel_LDD and DMATransfer_LDD ? and one more query I had regarding DMA, Plese follow this link How to Make DMA-UART work with KL05 and series?

Thanks & Kind Regards

Amit Kumar

0 Kudos