cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIST K10 m4

mrandreas
Contributor III

Hi,

Is there any BIST library or code for RAM walk 1 and lineaddress, stack\heap CPU test for k10, arm M4 k and series in general?

thanks

Andreas

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies

LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have a look at the IEC60730 Safety routines for Cortex M4:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=APIEC60730&fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Luis

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I would like to post some 'caveats' about the Cortex M4 BIST routines.

FIrstly, as you might imagine, the routines are NOT 'compiler subroutine-call-friendly', in that they don't preserve ANY scratchpad registers.  So I have to surround the calls with 'manual' register save/restore:

//Complete test of core register set for CORTEX M4

asm(" PUSH.W {R4-R12, LR}");

register bool_t test = IEC60730B_KINETIS_CpuRegisterTest();

asm(" POP.W {R4-R12, LR}");

Secondly, the CPU test routines do NOT leave the CPU controls in their default power-on state.  Most specifically, I find I must return these three registers to 'zero' to restore 'normal' interrupt operation:

__set_PRIMASK( 0 );   //Restore these items 'munged' by the test!

__set_BASEPRI( 0 );

__set_FAULTMASK( 0 );

The RAM test isn't quite so easy, since it wants to over-write all of RAM.  But even changing the configuration for the 'end of RAM' to carve out some stack space, I am still in a condition that for some reason hangs-up in clock initialization if I allow the RAM tests to run due to some continued confusion in the compiler about 'retained' register contents.

mrandreas
Contributor III

Hi Earl, thanks for the input.

I hope to run these test's in my boot Application (c++ keil). I haven't started poking in the task quite yet. I'm nok sure which of the available downloads to start experimenting with. I have been able to download Safe Routines 1.0 and the household routines, but neither me or my FEA contact haven't been able to download the safty classb_lib or the zip that comes With the AN4873. Not sure what I'm missing out, compared to what I have been able to download.

Andreas

mrandreas
Contributor III

Thanks Luis,

I've downloaded the DSC Safety Routines 1.0 and Safety Household routines. I'm however unable to download S08 Routines for class B IEC60730. Last week I've register an local distributer FEA for the sw download request, but it has not been aprooved yet. I suspect that the request reached an deadend. Is it posisble to download the lib from another place?

IEC60730B_S08_SAFTY_CLASSB_LIB : S08 Routines for class B IEC60730.

Andreas

0 Kudos

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

In this case I suggest you to create a service request and mention the name of your FEA in order to know what happened.

Have a nice day,
Perla Moncada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------