Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBDM realtime debugging

Jump to solution
gschelotto
Contributor V

Hello,

Is it possible to enable real-time view of expressions while I debug using USBDM and KDS 3.0?

regards,

gaston

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I didn't receive any information regarding this feature in the new version.

but as a suggestion, i suggest you create a SR as a feature requst to support@freescale.com

freescale support team may escalate it.

Have a great day,

Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi,

please go to IDE menu "Window", "Show View", "Expressions" to open the expression window.

for more information. please see attached video.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
gschelotto
Contributor V

can this help?

Not really. I'd like to see how the expressions change in some auto-refresh mode (ie. every 100ms), during runtime debug.

regards,

gaston

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi gaston,

With CodeWarrior I can watch varables while the target is running ( Live View for Variables and Memory | MCU on Eclipse ). This is a CodeWarrior specific extension of CDT, and not available in KDS.

CodeWarrior is using a proprietary debugger engine, while KDS is using gdb.

all of above are mentioned in professor Erich's blog:

Comparing CodeWarrior with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

does this make sense for you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
gschelotto
Contributor V

Hi Zhang,

Okay, thank you for the clarification. This feature will be available in future KDS releases? I don't know if it's supported by gdb.

regards,

gaston

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I didn't receive any information regarding this feature in the new version.

but as a suggestion, i suggest you create a SR as a feature requst to support@freescale.com

freescale support team may escalate it.

Have a great day,

Zhang Jun

0 Kudos