cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Wizard shows no examples?

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Kinetis 3.0, KSDK 2.0, Freedom K64F.

Project Wizard is supposed to be able to create a project from an example.
But, it doesn't show any example, nor provide a way to point it an an existing project?

Here's what I see:

166352_166352.PNGKinetis_Project_Wizard_shows_no_examples.PNG

The title says it should show examples, but none are listed.

How do I get this to work??? Or is this a bug?
Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

can you check if there is file boards\frdmk64f\demo_apps\hello_world\example.xml in your SDK package?

NPW 2.0.1 is the latest version.

Regards,

Marek

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Marek Trmac wrote: can you check if there is file boards\frdmk64f\demo_apps\hello_world\example.xml...

There is no such file.

Marek Trmac wrote: NPW 2.0.1 is the latest version.

Of what? Where?

Can you also answer the question: Is the version of project wizard shown above the latest?

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Sorry, is "NPW" the Project Wizard???

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave, you have old SDK package that does not support cloning examples.

> Hi Dave,

> please download latest version of KSDK 2.x K64F package from kex.nxp.com.

> Regards

> Marek

New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard    2.0.1.201610200920    com.nxp.feature.npw4sdk.feature.group    NXP Semiconductors

This is the latest version of New Project Wizard for SDK 2.x

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Yikes.

I update Project Wizard, but it does not update the list of projects upon which it depends?
Nor is there any way to update the installed SDK?

And there's no indication of what is wrong

These are bugs.

Anyway, thanks for explaining why this thing isn't working,

Best Regards, Dave

PS: If everywhere in the GUI says "Project Wizard", calling it NPW will continue to confuse customers.

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

thanks for your feedback. New Project Wizard is designed to work both with older SDK packages and also with new SDK packages. The latest version of SDK package contains metadata for SDK example project cloning, so this feature is available only with new packages. New (empty) project for processor or board can be created with both type of the SDK package.

>Nor is there any way to update the installed SDK?

Go to SDK builder at http://mcuxpresso.nxp.com and build again your configuration and download updated SDK package.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

KDS New Project Wizard for SDK 2.x supports cloning of example projects since the latest drop (v 2.0.0). The feature depends on the information in the SDK package, so currently it is supported only for devices updated lately - you can find list of devices below. The other devices will be supported in the next SDK update.

Devices updated in the latest SDK drop:

MK02FN64xxx10, MK02FN128xxx10

MK22FN128xxx10

MK22FN128xxx12, MK22FN256xxx12, MK22FN512xxx12

MK24FN1M0xxx12

MK26FN2M0xxx18

MK63FN1M0xxx12

MK64FX512xxx12, MK64FN1M0xxx12

MK65FX1M0xxx18, MK65FN2M0xxx18

MK66FX1M0xxx18, MK66FN2M0xxx18

MK80FN256xxx15

MK81FN256xxx15

MK82FN256xxx15

MKL13Z32xxx4, MKL13Z64xxx4

MKL14Z32xxx4, MKL14Z64xxx4

MKL15Z32xxx4, MKL15Z64xxx4, MKL15Z128xxx4

MKL17Z32xxx4, MKL17Z64xxx4, MKL17Z128xxx4, MKL17Z256xxx4

MKL24Z32xxx4, MKL24Z64xxx4

MKL25Z32xxx4, MKL25Z64xxx4, MKL25Z128xxx4

MKL27Z32xxx4, MKL27Z64xxx4, MKL27Z128xxx4, MKL27Z256xxx4

MKL33Z32xxx4, MKL33Z64xxx4, MKL33Z256xxx4, MKL33Z128xxx4

MKL43Z128xxx4, MKL43Z256xxx4

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

Richard011
Contributor I

Hello Marek,

How can I find the processor MK24FN256xxx12 in the MCUXpresso IDE ?

I'm not seeing it !!!

Thanks,

Ricahrd

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Did you download the SDK from the https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com?

Because I see it listed there:

ErichS_0-1636823741223.png

0 Kudos

Richard011
Contributor I

Hello @ErichStyger ,

I have installed the sdk, but, went I try to replace a processor in a project I have by this MK24FN256xxx12, I can't find it. Also, when I want to create a new processor expert project with the cpu MK24FN256xxx12, it doesn't work.

What could be the solution please ?

Thanks,

Richard

MK24FN256CDC12_Modifying_a_project_for_it.PNG

MK24FN256CDC12_Creating_a_project_with_it.PNG

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Richard,

I don't use the MK24FN, so cannot comment or help much on that device.

I see from your screenshot that you are using Processor Expert. Keep in mind that Processor Expert is legacy and not supported by NXP any more, so no surprise to me that some processors are not supported (only the ones which are older a few years). Additionally, the NXP MCUXpresso SDK does not support and does not come with any support for Processor Expert, so using that won't help.

In essence: Processor Expert is a dead end in most cases, and you have to stick with the processors supported in there, and don't expect any new/other device support.

What I did is that I transformed my most used Processor Expert components and source code into the McuLib, which now is generic and supports both Processor Expert and SDKs from different vendors.

Going forward, I think you have use the NXP MCUXpresso SDK if you really want to use that device.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

As of 15-Nov-2016 I have the latest available update for Project Wizard:
  New Kinetis SDK 2.x Project Wizard    2.0.1.201610200920    com.nxp.feature.npw4sdk.feature.group    NXP Semiconductors

Processor Wizard for K64F still shows no examples, even though this processor is listed in your reply above.
Can you tell us when this will be fixed?
Thanks!
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

please download latest version of KSDK 2.x K64F package from kex.nxp.com.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

All the examples will be available in the wizard, see attached picture

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Mark, I tried to run the KDS update, but I got the error message below.

What's going on?

Thanks, Best Regards, Dave

KDS_updates_failed.PNG

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

the configured sites used for update can be displayed using: main menu - Windows - Preferences - Install/Update - Available Software Sites.

In the list check, that all selected URLs are valid (especially URL referencing JAR file on local machine).

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Marek - Can you please explain how to either:

1. configure FDS so that it obtains the latest Project Wizard and other tools from NXP's site? I don't know why the 'local JAR' is giving error messages, but in any case it is unhelpful to update from a local JAR (which has not been updated). Alternatively,
  2. where can I download ONLY the latest JAR for Project Wizard and other tools? I certainly do not want to rebuild a new SDK2.0, especially given NXP's horrible example program setup has forced me to work on samples within that directory tree.

Updates should work without ANY intervention in URLs by user!!! This is all rather crazy!

Thanks,

Beset Regards, Dave

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

In Eclipse, command "Check for Update" search all update sites configured in the preferences listed above. By default, there is no JAR preconfigured in KDS 3.2, but it can be added by the user.

NPW can be updated from KDS update site (which is preconfigured in KDS) using "Check for Update" command. This is recommended way and typicaly does not require too much user interaction.

It is also possible to download NPW update from nxp.com web site, see download section for KinetisDesign Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE): https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/product?entitlementId=172066897&lineNum=1&authContact... (not sure if the link works for you, because I have to be logged)

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Mark, I deleted the JAR sources for updates. I again applied all available updates from the NXP site using "Check for Updates" as you wrote above. Unfortunately, the Project Wizard still shows no examples. So:

1. Project Wizard is broken,
  2. the KDS update process is broken, or
  3. both

How do we get this working?
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Above I gave you the version info for Process Wizard. Can you confirm this is the latest?

0 Kudos

davenadler
Senior Contributor I

Marek, do I understand correctly that Project Wizard does not support K64F? If so, when will this be fixed?

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

0 Kudos