cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS v3 Incremental build

Jump to solution
Lupo
Contributor III

Is there an option in the new KDS v3 to set the incremental build?

It previously worked in the v2 but it does not work anymore (for me) in the v3...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ian/Michael,

could it be that the problem is caused on your side with a wrong 'Refresh Policy' setting in the project?

See Eclipse Project ‘Refresh Policy': Broken Incremental Build with External Make? | MCU on Eclipse

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Erich

View solution in original post

8 Replies
iscan
Contributor II

Hi Michael,

I am having the same problem after switching to KDS 3.0.  It DID work for the first couple of days after upgrading but can't get back to that point.  Any luck resolving this? 

Ian

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ian,

could you describe a little bit more what your problem is (what is not working)? Just to be sure we are on the same page.

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ian/Michael,

could it be that the problem is caused on your side with a wrong 'Refresh Policy' setting in the project?

See Eclipse Project ‘Refresh Policy': Broken Incremental Build with External Make? | MCU on Eclipse

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Erich

iscan
Contributor II

Fixed it!  Thanks.  I had already spent hours tracking this down today. I really appreciate your help. 

This is what causes my problem: I copy and rename whole project directories and then import the "new" project into the workspace.  I have learned to update several parameters when I do this, so I guess I have a new one to add to the list.

You have a fantastic blog -thanks for sharing, it has saved me hours of work again.

Thanks again.

Ian

0 Kudos
audi_mcavoy
Contributor IV

Ian,

Would you consider posting your list of parameter changes?  I have spent the better part of a day trying to clone my project.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ian,

thanks for your confirmation!

And yes, it seems that copy of projects have caused that issue on my side too, and this issue was really hard to find. I know now things much better, and learned myself new things about Eclipse too :-)

Erich

Lupo
Contributor III

I'm a little late, but anyway, thanks a lot again for your help!

Michael

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It should work by default (at least it does for me). However, I have seen a case where somehow it does not work for a Kinetis SDK project. Is this the case for you?

Erich

0 Kudos