cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS support

Jump to solution
cschlabach
Contributor I

I'm trying to build an SDK for FRDM-K66F utilizing KDS.  The SDK builder no longer has an option for Kinetis Design Studio as a toolchain.  Selecting "All toolchains" doesn't provide KDS support either.  This is a problem.

Has NXP officially discontinued supporting KDS?

KSDK‌ #kds

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clyde,

The latest SDK2.4 demo applications and driver examples are provided with projects for the following toolchains:
MCUXpresso IDE
GNU toolchain for Arm® Cortex® -M with Cmake build system
IAR Embedded Workbench
Keil™ MDK-Arm

See MCUXpresso SDK|NXP 

" Supported Toolchains "

KDS is no longer supported.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cschlabach
Contributor I

Case #: 00168019 created.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK. I got it. I will check.

Jennie Zhang.

0 Kudos
cschlabach
Contributor I

Just last month, I was able to build SDK 2.3.1 with KDS support for FRDM-K64F.  Due to supply issues, we are building our prototypes with K66 parts now.  Can someone send me an SDK 2.x build for FRDM-K66F with KDS support?

Thanks,

Clyde

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For the moment, I don't know where to download the old versions.

I sent query email to SDK leader just now. I will let you know if I get a reply.

Best Regards,

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clyde.

I was informed there is no SDK2.3.1 download link for external users.

If you need, please create a ticket, describe the requested configuration inside. we need apply it.

How to submit a new question for NXP Support 

If you want, you can address to assign it to me. I can help.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Clyde,

The latest SDK2.4 demo applications and driver examples are provided with projects for the following toolchains:
MCUXpresso IDE
GNU toolchain for Arm® Cortex® -M with Cmake build system
IAR Embedded Workbench
Keil™ MDK-Arm

See MCUXpresso SDK|NXP 

" Supported Toolchains "

KDS is no longer supported.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos