cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debuging blinking demo using Kinetis very first time

andrékouwen
Contributor II

Goodmorning,

I have a very basic question and that is how to run the demo program on a KEA 128 from a Kinetis IDE?

I never worked with NXP KEA Freedom boards. I do have extensive experience using Eclipse for Java development. I am using an older WWindows computer by the way.

Can somebody help me making my first steps to remotely debug a simple program like the blinking LED program so that I do have my IDE setup properly?

I am a bit confused as what the diff is between Kinetis  and the S32 Design Studio? My preference is to use the Kinetics instead of the trail version of S32DS.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

1) There isn't official FRDM-KEA128 demo support KDS,

so there is two methods if you want to develop on KDS.

- There is demo on CW, you can create a bareboard project on kds, then copy the application

files into it , build until to there is no error. You can download the CW example at here :

NXP Freedom Development Platform for Ultra Reliable Kinetis EA Series MCUs|NXP 

(FRDM-KEA Quick start package)

- You can also create a project on kds with Processor Expert, then there is demo when add related component :

pastedImage_2.png

For example add "Gpio" componnet :

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

2) There also some project developed on KDS:

I wonder how to get CAN to work with KDS's Processor Expert? 

3)Please refer to the uick Start Guide to start your board , I attached it for you .

4) The KDS is mainly for kenitis chips ,the S32DS mainly for develop the Auto produces .

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

andrékouwen
Contributor II

Is it correct that the KEA 128 is not supported? Can I use the KEA 64 instead because the processor is exactly the same only the ROM is 64K instead of the 128Kb?

Is it correct the source code for the default demo application is part of the S32SD? I do want to use existing (demo) applications to prevent inventing the wheel again myself..

I do need an access key or instalation key during the install of S32SD which I don't have.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

andrékouwen
Contributor II

Hi TIC,

This is great. I am going to try thisfor sure later on.

Thank you very much for this information!

AG

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

OK, welcome !

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos