Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Y plots: possibly a feature request

Jump to solution
martin_reszat
Contributor I

Hi FreeMASTER team,

first of all let me tell you that for me FreeMASTER is high up there, along with sliced bread and velcro shoes :-). Thank you for all the effort that went into this indispensable tool!

After years of successful use, today I finally get around to ask for a feature (or maybe just a pointer?). I can't seem to find the "ideal" settings for a common scenario: plotting, say, motor phase voltages and currents against rotor angle over a number of revolutions (see attached files).

Is there already a way to suppress the "retrace" lines, which totally spoil the nice "spline" feature in this scenario, unless you use the recorder and fiddle with buffer depth and trigger points until you see just one revolution? Or maybe there's an option I don't know of to make the "points" actual pixel-sized dots, at least smaller than they are right now?

If not, a new feature would allow to suppress line/spline calculation based on the X-variable slope in the time domain.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Martin,

thanks for your inputs. Both are good ideas.

I agree that today the X-Y line-type graph is only good for continuous functions at the X axis (e.g drawing Lissajous figures). Adding a line break when negative delta is detected on in the X series should be quite easy and useful for use-cases like yours. Also, we'll look at the "point" size settings.

Thanks,
Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
martin_reszat
Contributor I

Hello Michal,

thank you for your reply. I'm looking forward to seeing a great tool getting even bettter.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Martin,

the line-breaking feature in X-Y graph has just been released in version 3.2.3. If you spot any issue, please create a new question/thread in this forum.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Martin,

thanks for your inputs. Both are good ideas.

I agree that today the X-Y line-type graph is only good for continuous functions at the X axis (e.g drawing Lissajous figures). Adding a line break when negative delta is detected on in the X series should be quite easy and useful for use-cases like yours. Also, we'll look at the "point" size settings.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos