Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorder Trigger View and Error Message needs improvement

Jump to solution
martinrieser
Contributor I

Dear Freemaster-Team,

We made some screenshots, which should hopefully explain the issues. 

Where do I see, which variables have been chosen for trigger?

image2020-6-25_17-10-22.png

Both edges seem not be possible.

image2020-6-25_17-13-43.png

Error message can not be read.

image2020-6-25_17-9-3.png

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Martin Rieser

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hi Martin, understood. Will fix. Thanks!

Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Martin, plese re-post your pictures. It seems they are just links to your intranet site and I cannot display them.

General answer: recorder trigger settings can be set for each variable in the "Variables" tab. When selecting a variable in the list, edit the "Variable Trigger Properties". 

In order to be able to activate both-edges triggering or the have more than one triggering variable, the target MCU application needs to run the latest FreeMASTER driver and must support protocol version 4. This driver is available as part of MCUXpresso SDK and some other NXP SDKs.

I will take a closer look at your issue after I see your screenshots.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
martinrieser
Contributor I

Hello Michal,

hopefully this time, the screenshots are working.

Where do I see, which variables have been chosen for trigger?
(You need to click throw all Graph Variables to find our, which one(s) are configured as trigger)

pastedImage_1.png

Both edges seem not be possible.

pastedImage_2.png

Error message can not be read.

pastedImage_3.png

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Martin,

yes unfortunately, you need to click through all graph variables to see which one is set for triggering. We realize it is not convenient and will address this in future update. 

The error message 0x80000113 tells you that the FreeMASTER driver running in the MCU application does not support the protocol V4 which only supports dual-edge trigger and/or triggering by multiple variables. 

What is your target MCU and what kind of communication do you use? I hope I will be able to assist you in migration to a newer communication driver.

Thanks,

Michal

0 Kudos
jamesli
Contributor III

Hi, MichalH:  I got the same problem with the error message 0x80000113 tells, my Free Master version is 3.0.3.6, MCU is RT1050, I updated SDK to version 2.8.2, but the error message 0x80000113 still exist and Free Master recorder is still cannot be initialized. I check the latest Free Master drive for download is year of 2006, my Free Master drive source code date is 2018. Where can I find the Free Master driver that support protocol V4? I use CAN port, is it support protocol V4?

Thank you in advance!

Jian Li

0 Kudos
martinrieser
Contributor I

Hello Michal,

we are aware about the error because of the old protocol. In newer project, we use V4.
But the issue with the error message is, that we can only see a part of it. The error message is longer then the label/text field on the GUI. I think that should be a easy fix.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hi Martin, understood. Will fix. Thanks!

Michal

0 Kudos