Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace and Profiling available with SmartDSP OS on the MCS8156

Jump to solution
mkrug
Contributor II

Hello,

I am just playing around with the MCS8156EVM Board. While checking the different options for the project wizard it seems to me that the option 'trace and profile' (step 7/7) is only available if SmartDSP OS (step 4/7) is set to 'no'. Is this true ? any reasons ? any workarounds to use the trace and profile functionality and SmartDSP in the same project ?

Best Regards

Markus

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irene
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

There is trace functionality for the MSC8156EVM with or without SmartDSPOS.  What version and build number of the tools are you using?  I just verified on the latest toolset and I was able to set trace and profile for MSC8156EVM for SmartDSPOS and without SmartDSPOS?

Regards,
Irene

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Irene
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

There is trace functionality for the MSC8156EVM with or without SmartDSPOS.  What version and build number of the tools are you using?  I just verified on the latest toolset and I was able to set trace and profile for MSC8156EVM for SmartDSPOS and without SmartDSPOS?

Regards,
Irene

0 Kudos
mkrug
Contributor II

Hi Irene,

thanks for the hint. I just updated everything that is preset in the 'availabe software sites' dialog box and afterwards I can choose SmartDSP OS and trace functionality in one project.

Best Regards

Markus

0 Kudos