Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing a program that jumps into RAM

Jump to solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Hi --
I am using CW with a 9S08QE128.  The program is jumping into RAM and attempting to execute it.  I have the Profiling and Analysis Tools User Guide, and set up is pretty easy until it's time to enter "Address A" and "Address B".  Normally you click on the beginning and ending code you want to trace, but I want Address A to be address 0x0000 and B to be 0x1000, and the Profiling Guide doesn't have any way to do that.

To recap, on the Debug Configuration screen, I selected "Enable Trace and Profile", "Collect Program Trace",  "Automatically", "Collect Trace Until Trigger", Instruction Execute" and "Instruction Inside Range From Address A to Address B is Executed."

So how can I enter an address that I can't click on?

Thanks

Gary Olmstead

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

If anyone else has this problem, move to the disassembled code window, scroll to the line you want, and click on it.  Same for the end of trace selection.  If that is documented anyplace, I didn't find it.  I just clicked on everything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

If anyone else has this problem, move to the disassembled code window, scroll to the line you want, and click on it.  Same for the end of trace selection.  If that is documented anyplace, I didn't find it.  I just clicked on everything.

0 Kudos
vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I got a little bit lost. Are you using codewarrior? are you using P&E multilink? cyclone?

Would be possible that you give a little bit more information about your problem

Have a good day

0 Kudos