Questions about Code Warrior RCW Override (using T1042)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Code Warrior RCW Override (using T1042)

Jump to solution
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

Hello Community,

I have few questions about Code Warrior PA RCW Override Method.

1-) When I select Target Type as "T1042", does it means Code Warrior Tab is not going to bring up the board with the RCW values on it's given flash location (In t1042, for current bank, its 0xE800_0000). Does this mean, If it finds a valid rcw in this flash location, it will read it and bring the board up ?

pastedImage_3.png

2-) If it's chosen with some custom RCW override values, will it ignore RCW on the flash and bring the board up with given values on override .txt file ?

pastedImage_2.png

3-) If my custom board has a valid RCW in 0xE800_0000 and if I choose normal "T1042" option in Target Type section, should it bring up in normal conditions ?

Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Yes, if it finds a valid rcw in this flash location, it will read it and bring the board up.

2. Yes, it will use the RCW configuration file specified in CW IDE to override RCW on the target board.

3. Yes, it will bring up in normal conditions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. Yes, if it finds a valid rcw in this flash location, it will read it and bring the board up.

2. Yes, it will use the RCW configuration file specified in CW IDE to override RCW on the target board.

3. Yes, it will bring up in normal conditions.

0 Kudos
yusufalti333
Contributor IV

Hello,

About 2-)

Why does first 4 byte of DCFG_CCSR_RCWSRC registers gets the first 4 byte value of Hard-coded (0x9E) option and rest of it gets the value of rcw override (.txt) file I gave from outside ? ( I attached file I used, and screenshot of registers, first 4 byte is same as 0x9E harcoded option). Is it a default situation ? Is it normal ? 

About 3-) If I use a double-sized nor flash compared to RDB ( RDB seems has 128 MB, we are using 256 MB nor flash in our design) Should we use 0XE000_0000 instead of 0xE800_0000 as nor flash start point and should I write my currrent bank rcw to 0xE000_0000 ? Does it requires a re-memory-mapping ?

Also I must ask that,

When I power up my custom board and debug (with connect option) this board with RCW OVERRIDE method, I am able to see u-boot logs on console. Then I close debug session ( without powering down the board) and trying to dump flash or something else WITHOUT RCW OVERRIDE method ( Target type as 'T1042' and Download Method) everything works well.  But when I power up this custom board and directy try to write or read someting WITHOUT RCW OVERRIDE method, , jtag chain phase is giving me HARD RESET OCCURED DURING TRANSACTION error. We've noticed that HRESET signal gets asserted and never gets deasserted. 

Do you have any suggestion about this situation ? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos