The Automotive Processing's Embedded Tools Team at NXP Semiconductors is pleased to announce the release of the S32 Design Studio for Arm v2.2. Here are some of its major features:
- GNU Bare-Metal Targeted Tools for Arm 32-bit Embedded Processors (GCC version 6.3.120170509, revision g7fea41d)
- GNU Tools for Arm Embedded Processors (Launchpad) (GCC version 4.9.3 20150529,revision 227977)
- Libraries: NewLib, NewLib Nano, EWL, and EWL Nano
- Semihosting for Arm 32-bit Bare-Metal Targeted toolchain
- MSYS2 32bit version 1.0.0
- GDB 7.12.1 with Python support
- The wizards for creating application, library projects and projects from project examples
- The S32DS Extensions and Updates tool
- Support for importing projects from CodeWarrior for MCU v.10.6 and Kinetis Design Studio
- Support for importing MCAL configuration to a custom SDK
- IAR v7.x and v8.11.2 compiler support
- Green Hills compiler support
- SEGGER J-Link (with SEGGER GDB Server)
- iSystem, Lauterbach and IAR debuggers support
- PEMicro debugger support (P&E Multilink/Cyclone/OpenSDA)
- Kernel Aware debugging for FreeRTOS, OSEK
- MQX 4.2 for MAC57D54H
- EmbSys Registers view support
- FreeMASTER Serial Communication Driver v2.0
- Sample Drivers for KEA family (Evaluation grade)
- Integrated S32SDK RTM 3.0.2
- Integrated AMMCLIB SDKs 1.1.18
- The Getting Started page
NOTE Support for S32V234 was moved to S32 Design Studio for S32 Platform 3.x and not included into S32 Design Studio for ARM anymore.
The complete S32 Design Studio for ARM 2.2 release notes are attached below.
Please visit the S32 Design Studio for ARM product page - download section or direct link to download the installer.
The installer requires the NEW Activation ID to be entered during the installation.
You should receive an email that includes your Activation ID after starting the download.
S32 Design Studio issues are tracked through the S32 Design Studio Public NXP Community space: