HOWTO: Create An ISP Project From Existing VSDK Graph in S32DS for Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are a number of existing ISP Graph diagrams provided within the VSDK. It is possible to import them into S32DS for Vision and use them in a new C/C++ project. The steps to do this are detailed in this document.

1) Launch S32DS for Vision

2) Select File -> New -> S32DS Application Project or select "S32DS Application Project" from the toolbar.

pastedImage_1.png

3) Enter a project name, such as: ISP_ISP_Generic_demo

4) Select 'A53 APEX/ISP Linux'

5) Click Next

pastedImage_2.png

6) Unselect the APEX2 options and 'ISP Visual Modeling' option.

7) Click Finish

pastedImage_3.png

8) Select File -> New -> S32DS Project from Example or select "S32DS Project from Example" from the toolbar.

pastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.png

9) Select isp_generic.

10) Select Finish

pastedImage_6.png

11) Open isp_generic in the project explorer

12) Double-click ISP data flow ; isp_generic. The ISP data flow graph will appear in the editor

pastedImage_7.png

13) Define a new configuration for emitting code from the graph

a) Create a folder in the application project to receive the emitted code. Right-click on the application project and select New -> Folder.

pastedImage_32.png

b) Enter a name for the folder and click Finish

pastedImage_36.png

c) Right-click in the ISP data flow window and select Emit As -> Emit Configurations...

pastedImage_8.png

d) Select ISP Emitter

e) Select New Launch Configuration

pastedImage_16.png

f) Enter a name

g) Select the graph, Browse Workspace

pastedImage_20.png

h) Expand each item until you can select the .isp file. Click OK

pastedImage_24.png

i) Select the location of the emitted output to the application project, select Browse Workspace

pastedImage_26.png

j) Select the name of your application project, then OK

pastedImage_28.png

k) Write A53_gen to the Dynamic sequences sources folder box. This is the folder within the target project that generated code will be stored. Check the box for Emit host code.

pastedImage_29.png

l)Now select the location to store the configuration file. Go to the Common tab, select Shared file and click Browse

pastedImage_31.png

m) Select the folder name you created earlier inside ISP_ISP_Generic_demo and click OK

pastedImage_45.png

n) Click Apply and Emit. Dialog box will appear when code generation is successful

pastedImage_46.pngpastedImage_47.png      

o) Expand the folders within ISP_ISP_Generic_demo, A53_gen, src and inc, to see the newly generated output files

pastedImage_49.png

14) Change to C/C++ perspective, click on ‘C/C++ Development’

pastedImage_50.png

15) Build the project 'ISP_ISP_Generic_demo' for ISP

pastedImage_22.png

16) Open file 'ISP_ISP_Generic_demo/A53_inc/isp_user_define.h' and change '#define __DCU_BPP' to "#undef __DCU_BPP"

pastedImage_54.png

17) Using the method detailed in steps 8 - 10, create the example project 'isp_sonyimx224_csi_dcu'. Take from this project the file 'isp_sonyimx224_csi_dcu/A53_src/main.cpp' and use it to replace the file 'ISP_ISP_Generic_demo/A53_src/main.cpp' in the current project. Then make the following modifications: 

On line 40, change <#include "mipi_simple_c.h"> to <#include "isp_generic_c.h">.

pastedImage_55.png

On line 303, change <gpGraph_mipi_simple> to <gpGraph> AND <gGraphMetadata_mipi_simple> to <gGraphMetadata>

pastedImage_56.png

On line 330, change <FDMA_IX_FastDMA_Out_MIPI_SIMPLE> to <FDMA_IX_ISP_OUTPUT>.

pastedImage_57.png

Please see C:\NXP\S32DS_Vision_v2.0\S32DS\s32v234_sdk\docs\drivers\SDI_Software_User_Guide.pdf for details on what this code is for.

18) In Project Explorer, right-click on "...\A53_gen\src\isp_process.cpp" and select Build path -> Remove from -> A53

pastedImage_59.png

19) Select 'ISP_ISP_Generic_demo:A53' in the Project Explorer panel, then Build for A53

pastedImage_61.png

20) Run it remotely on the target using the method fromHOWTO: Create A53 Linux Project in S32DS for Vision. Should get results similar to this:

pastedImage_29.png

Comments

Hi Expert,

I followed this Document to setup the ISP_Generic Demo on S32V234-EVB2.
However, when I run the ISP_ISP_Generic_demo.elf by command line or remote debug, I can't see the result on S32V234-EVB2's display panel.
I found the main function in this demo does not call any codes / functions I add in Step 24.
Is that right?
Anything I did wrong?
How can I show the camera input on the display panel?

H/W Architecture:
S32V234-EVB2 + Display panel + Sony224 Camera (should be same as NXP demo)

S/W:
1. S32V BSP 15.0
2. S32 Design Studio Vision 2.0

Best Regards,
Wayne Kuo

Hello Wayne,

Thank you for identifying this issue. It seems this document was not fully in sync with the latest release of the S32DS for Vision. I have updated it to correct the steps which were wrong and now it should be possible to complete the exercise and see the output on the screen.

Please follow up once you have tried it so we can know if you were successful.

Best Regards,

Mike

Hi Expert,

I followed this Document to setup the ISP_Generic Demo on S32V234-EVB28899.

However,when I Select 'ISP_ISP_Generic_demo:A53' in the Project Explorer panel, then Build for A53,the errors showed  as below:pastedImage_1.png

and my VSDK version is RTM-1.1.1. Can you tell me how to get the missing libs such as "seqencer.a"?

S/W:
1. S32V Vision SDK  RTM-1.1.1
2. S32 Design Studio Vision 2.0

Best Regards,
Weikang Zhang

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎07-19-2017 08:16 AM
Updated by: