So you've just installed the S32DS for Vision and are using it for the first time and would like to see how it works. Here is a quick and simple project to get you started.
1. Launch S32DS for Vision
2. Select 'S32DS Application Project'
3. Enter a name for the project
4. Select the 'A53 Linux' processor option
5. Click Next
6. Click Finish
7. Change to C/C++ perspective, click on 'Switch to C/C++ Development'
9. Project is now built, ELF file is read to be loaded to EVB for execution. But first, we must HOWTO_Setup_S32V234_EVB_for_debugging_with_S32DS_for_Vision_and_Linux_BSP.pdf.
10. With the EVB prepared, we must HOWTO_Setup_A_Remote_Linux_Connection_in_S32DS_for_Vision.pdf in the debug configuration.
11. With the project debug configuration and remote linux connection selected, select the debug dropdown menu and click Debug Configurations
12. Make sure the connection is correct and points to the IP address of your EVB. Click Debug
13. The first time you connect to a new IP address (i.e. the first time you debug after booting the board), you will receive a warning message, Click Yes and proceed.
14. The executable file is copied to Linux file system and gdbserver starts.
15. The Debug perspective is opened. You can now step through the code*
*Only debugging of the A53 code is supported by Linux