Is T2080 Supported in current Linux Kernels?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is T2080 Supported in current Linux Kernels?

vladimirboroda
Contributor II

Hi,

I am looking to build linux-qoriq kernel 4.9 for our T2080-based custom board.  I was planning on using the Yocto recipes for t2080rdb as the base, but it appears that the 4.9 kernels do not carry corenet64_fmanv3h_smp_defconfig any more. 

When I copied it from Freescale SDK 2.0, it seemed to be incompatible with the newer linux-qoriq 4.9 kernel.  The "Fman Support" in Device Drivers → Network device support → Ethernet driver support can be enabled, but "Frame Manager support" selection leads to an empty screen.   In arch/powerpc/configs there is not any obvious t2080rdb configuration.

Is there a known working 4.9 kernel config for t2080rdb?  Is linux-qoriq even the right kernel variant to support T2080 and e6500 cores?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

liguofa
Contributor III

ufedorkhumphriMandar

I also encountered the same problem. When I compiled the kernel, I wanted to find a similar configuration file for T2080rdb board,So could enerybody help me.Thanks.

0 Kudos

jakemoroni
Contributor II

Hello,

I was able to build and run the latest mainline kernel (4.16-rc1) on the T2080.

You want to use "corenet64_smp_defconfig". Even though that file doesn't actually exist under arch/powerpc/configs, if you look in the arch/powerpc/Makefile, you'll see that the "corenet64_smp_defconfig" target pulls in a bunch of config file fragments to generate the final config file.

I also used the fsl/t2080rdb device tree in the mainline kernel without issues.

- Jake Moroni

0 Kudos

vidyasagar
Contributor III

Dear Moroni,

I have downloaded linux kernel (linux-fslc-4.19.x-fslc) from freescale github website, want to port in T2080RDB board similar as SDK2.0 (linux kernel4.1), please help me know the steps to follow in cross compilation and porting in T2080RDB board successfully.

I have extracted SDK2.0 kernel and toolchain  from yocto.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

vidyasagar
Contributor III

Waiting for reply.

0 Kudos