Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pins configure tool access internet issue

Zhihao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sir,

Our customer met an issue on pins config tool. Does the tool support offline use? I mean real offline without any internet connection. The customer cannot access the internet due to company policy. And I found the pins config tool will access to internet automatically and download something. Thanks. 

BR,

Zhihao Mo

7 Replies

anon-696f160ab2
Senior Contributor I

A workarround is described here:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/517563 

0 Kudos

anon-696f160ab2
Senior Contributor I

As i wrote here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/517563 my company also have these issue. As the main reason this is not a fault of company policy rules because v5 works well and v6 also works on Win7 with admin previlegs but not on Win10. 

0 Kudos

GeorgFritsche
Contributor I

I have got the same issue. The company I am working in does block most likely some of the used protocolls or ports. Internet in general does work but update of the tool or download of further processor definition fails.

If you can support the used protocols and ports I can ask our IT department if they can arrange an exception on the company policy.

0 Kudos

johannes_martin
Contributor I

I have the same issue with version "Pins for i.MX Version 6.0".  I get no internet connection.

Is someone know a workaround to fix it?

0 Kudos

Zhihao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for your explanation. The issue is that there's limited internet access in customer side. So the tool cannot contact the NXP server and fetch the list of the available. Do we have any workaround for this? Thanks.  

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You may try to prepare for customer some kind of template as default .mex file, so that they use it 

without I-net.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to "PinsTool_iMX_User_Manual.pdf" of the recent Pins tool (4):

"For i.MX, the tool is referred to as Pins Tool for i.MX Processors
and is available as a desktop application only. The tool
contacts the NXP server and fetches the list of the available
processors. Once used, the processors data is retrieved on
demand. To use the desktop tool in the offline mode, create
a configuration for the given processor while online. The tool will
then store the processors locally in the user folder and enable faster
access and offline use."

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos