cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGTool 3.10 UTP not working

phillogden
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

I've had to recompile to mfgtool kernel and rootfs to add support for newer eMMC JEDEC standards, and now unfortunately the UTP isn't talking to the PC software any more, it just hangs on "UTP: Waiting for device to appear"

I've checked through my device tree, and it doesn't look like I've changed any usb definitions, but it looks like it's not bringing up the usb otg system.

I'm compiling it using Yocto and the recipe "fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs" It's auto bring across my device trees and patches from my release build.

Has anyone had some experience with this?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

phillogden
Contributor I

Update: it appears the config for g_mass_storage isn't loading correctly, the following error is shown:

g_mass_storage gadget: no file given for LUN0

g_mass_storage ci_hdrc.0: failed to start g_mass_storage: -22

What is the expected default settings?

Ok, I've gotten g_mass_storage to not show anymore errors, but my USB device isn't being deteted by my PC.

I have reverted all changes I did to the mfg image, and am building the reference image now, and it is still not working.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Phill

please check usb id signal, it should be high or float.

Also one can look at similar issue on

MFG - Manufacturing Tool - i.mx6 - Fails when jumping to OS

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

phillogden
Contributor I

Looks like the ID is at 0v. I'm currently investigating some pin changes that occurred to our hardware as well, surrounding usbotg power.

What could be driving the ID pin low? I'm using a design based on the reference schematics of the i.MX6 Smart Device.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

ID is driving from external circuits so you can

check that with oscilloscope and board schematic

0 Kudos

phillogden
Contributor I

It can't be just hardware, as if I use the pre-compiled mfg kernel and rootfs, the device can come up as a usb device. Unfortunately, using the pre-compiled version isn't an option for my implementation, so I've made the required changes for my device using bitbake recipes. Now the device won't enumerate up as a USB device.

Using a scope, I can see the ID line is low using my mfg tools compile and high using the pre-compiled version, no hardware changes at all.

0 Kudos

phillogden
Contributor I

I don't think the rootfs and kernel are compiling properly for the mfgtool recipe. The build kernel process is creating modules, but not adding them to the rootfs properly. Will continue to investigate.

0 Kudos