Which version of CodeWarrior for a MC9S12DG256 microcontroller?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which version of CodeWarrior for a MC9S12DG256 microcontroller?

Jump to solution
jk99
Contributor I

Hello;

I have a Dragon12-plus2 HSC12 microcontroller trainer for University students which uses the MC9S12DG256 as the microcontroller and I am looking for which version of CodeWarrior will work with this? I have downloaded and installed CW_MCU_V6_3_SE, CWS12v5.2 and MCU v10.6.4 and none of these show the MC9S12DG256 as a supported device. Is there a version of CodeWarrior that supports the MC9S12DG256 or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jeff

Please download CodeWarrior v5.1 for HC(S)12, you can find this version from our website.

1) Please log on NXP Website (www.nxp.com) with email address and password.

2) Under <SECURE APPLICATIONS>, Click on <Software Licensing and support>, page appears showing your currently licensed products.

3) In ‘Product List’ page, select your CodeWarrior Suite. Then under its ‘Previous’ tab, find the CodeWarrior for HC12 v5.1.

CW5.1.png

If you get any problem when download his tool, please submit a service request. To do it, please:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jeff

Please download CodeWarrior v5.1 for HC(S)12, you can find this version from our website.

1) Please log on NXP Website (www.nxp.com) with email address and password.

2) Under <SECURE APPLICATIONS>, Click on <Software Licensing and support>, page appears showing your currently licensed products.

3) In ‘Product List’ page, select your CodeWarrior Suite. Then under its ‘Previous’ tab, find the CodeWarrior for HC12 v5.1.

CW5.1.png

If you get any problem when download his tool, please submit a service request. To do it, please:

1) Go to http://www.nxp.com/support/sales-and-support:SUPPORTHOME.

2) On the bottom of the page under Submit New Issues, click Hardware & Software.

3) Register with your business email to access NXP technical online support.

4) A verification email will be sent to your account. Click the link embedded in that email to verify your access.

5) On the NXP online support page, select Contact Support from the top menu and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kalyanmondal
Contributor I

I cannot find CW v5.1 anywhere and I need it since my board uses MC9S12DG256.

I downloaded and installed CW v5.2 which does not support MC9S12DG256. Also, the board I use: Dragon-12 Light came installed with HCS12 Serial Monitor. CW v5.2 does not support the serial Monitor either.

Please help so that I and my students can continue using this legacy microcontroller based board.

Thanks,

Kalyan Mondal

0 Kudos
lymantsinnie
Contributor I

I'm in the same boat. I can't get v5.0 or 4.7 to install... Please help. I am looking to get familiar with my student trainer Dragon12-plus2 and I need the correct codewarrior to work with it. 

Thank you,

eager learner

0 Kudos