AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bootloader for Kinetis K64 (Cortex M4)

Question asked by Anders Bergström on Dec 2, 2014

Hi

I´m currently working on a bootloader for Kinetis K64. The reason that we don´t use the Kinetis bootloader is beacuse we nedded to have a custom protocol.

I never done this before so i tought i will make the bootloader in the 4 following steps:

1) Make a simple Hello-World program resident in memory at adress: 0x00C28CB0

2) Debug and start the Hello-World program to make sure it is located at the correct memory adress

3) Make a simple "Hello-World application", to be able to jump between to the Hello-World program.

4) Get the new application and write it into flash.

Im stuck at 2) and 3) since the program always starts up at adress 0x0, not where i put my second vector table for the "Hello World program" It also ends up in Reset_Handler at 0x0 when i try to jump between bootloader and application.

I use different linking files for bootloader and application but the same startup code are used ( See attached files)

When i try to jump from the bootloader to the application i use the following code:

// Test to go to application     static void (*JumpToApp)(void) = 0;     JumpToApp = (void (*)(void))APP_ADRESS;      // Set the VTOR to the application vector table address.     SCB->VTOR = (uint32_t)APP_VECTOR_TABLE;       // Set stack pointers to the application stack pointer.     __set_MSP(APP_STACK_PTR_DEF);     __set_PSP(APP_STACK_PTR_DEF);       // Jump to the application.     JumpToApp();      

I use the following defines:

#define      APP_ADRESS     0x00C28CB0 #define      APP_VECTOR_TABLE APP_ADRESS #define      APP_STACK_PTR_DEF APP_ADRESS

Im grateful for help,

/ Anders

Original Attachment has been moved to: K64FN1Mxxx12_flash.ld.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: K64FN1Mxxx12_flash_bootloader.ld.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: startup_MK64F12.S.txt.zip

Outcomes