AnsweredAssumed Answered

IOMUX/DCD DRAM configuration confusion...

Question asked by Ed Sutter on Nov 5, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 by Takashi Takahashi

I'm using a SABRESDB which has 64-bit DDR3 DRAM.  My custom hardware will have 32-bit DDR3 DRAM.

So, I'm working through creation of my custom DCD setup (in latest uboot, this is the file board/freescale/imx/ddr/mx6q_4x_mt41j128.cfg).

I started with the very helpful spreadsheet from https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-93963, and I'm now just walking through this

to make sure I understand the settings.

I see at least one case where the DDR_SEL field is set as RESERVED when it appears to me that it should be set to DDR3.

I realize that in many cases, the PAD setting is taken from the corresponding GRP register, but according to the reference manual

this DDR_SEL field of IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_DRAM_RESET is not covered by the IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_GRP_DDR_TYPE register.

The line (taken from board/freescale/imx/ddr/mx6q_4x_mt41j128.cfg):

DATA 4 0x020e057c 0x00020030

is for the IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_DRAM_RESET, and leaves the DDR_SEL bitfield set to 00 (RESERVED0).

I cross-checked this with the older (LTIB) uboot which has the code in flash_header.S and it has this line:

MXC_DCD_ITEM(8, IOMUXC_BASE_ADDR + 0x57c, 0x00000030)

which not only doesn't set the DDR_SEL bits, but also has a different value for the DDR_INPUT field.

The spreadsheet tool appears to match the setting that was used in flash_header.S.

Since the DRAM_RESET pin is not covered by the IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_GRP_DDR_TYPE setting, shouldn't its DDR_SEL bitfield be 11 (DDR3)?

Also, it seems to me that the DDR_INPUT should be 0 (CMOS)???

I've ran with both of these configurations and the system seems to work just fine; but I'd like to make sure I'm properly configuring these pins.

Can someone clarify what settings are the correct ones here?

Outcomes