Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the minimum clock frequency of the core for i.MX6 Solo

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

Would you teach about the minimum clock frequency of the core for i.MX6 Solo?

According to the "Table 9. Operating Ranges" of a datasheet, the following is indicated.
- Run mode: LDO enabled => VDD_ARM_IN : 1.175-1.5V "LDO Output Set Point (VDD_ARM_CAP) = 1.05 V minimum for operation up to 396 MHz."
- Run mode: LDO bypassed => VDD_ARM_IN : 1.05-1.3V "LDO bypassed for operation up to 396 MHz"

However, the minimum is not shown.

Would you teach the minimum CPU Core clock frequency in which the system can operate?

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Yuuki

The CPU freq should can be lower, but I am not sure whether the voltage can be lower, I believe it can NOT be lower, but you had better to confirm with someone who is more familiar with it, as far as I know, for solo, the CACHE power is coming from VDDARM, and the CACHE's voltage can NOT be too low.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, yuuki

May I know why you want the minimum cpu core clock freq? In datasheet, the lowest setpoint is 396MHz, even you run cpu at a lower freq, you still need to use the voltage of 1.05V. And with same voltage, the higher freq cpu runs, the more power it saves, as CPU can enter idle longer. So, with 1.05V, CPU run at 396MHz can save more power than running at freq lower than 396MHz.

yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear Yongcai Huang-san,

Thank you for the reply.

I target lower power consumption.

"So, with 1.05V, CPU run at 396MHz can save more power than running at freq lower than 396MHz."
I am also the same understanding as you.

I would like to know the lower limit of voltage and frequency.

May I have advice?

Best Regards,
Yuuki

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Yuuki

The CPU freq should can be lower, but I am not sure whether the voltage can be lower, I believe it can NOT be lower, but you had better to confirm with someone who is more familiar with it, as far as I know, for solo, the CACHE power is coming from VDDARM, and the CACHE's voltage can NOT be too low.

0 Kudos