PE example project fo TWR-K60 linker file wrong?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE example project fo TWR-K60 linker file wrong?

rabbit
Contributor III

This file seems worng:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K60N512\PWM\Project_Settings\Linker_Files

MEMORY {

interrupts  (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFF0000, LENGTH = 0x000001E0  ==>should be 0x00000000

code        (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x1FFF01E0, LENGTH = 0x00015220  ==>should be 0x00000410

data        (RW) : ORIGIN = 0x20005400, LENGTH = 0x0000AC00

cfmprotrom  (RX) : ORIGIN = 0x00000400, LENGTH = 0x00000010

}

because the code is not in FLASH, so the programming is not working after recycle the power. Am I right?

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
7 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, this demo is running in RAM. If you would like it running in Flash, you may re-configure the 'Generate linker file' -> 'ROM/RAM Areas' options in CPU component, which are under Build Options Tab in CPU component Inspector.  PE will re-generate link file.

0 Kudos

rabbit
Contributor III

I try other project in this directory, it will regenerate link file if I change the build settings, for example if I change the setting for SDHC project:

SDHC:MK60DN512Z_INTERNAL_FLASH  ==> SDHC:MK60DN512Z_INTERNAL_RAM

The file at "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K60N512\SDHC\Project_Settings\Linker_Files\ProcessorExpert.lcf" will change accordingly.

But for PWM project, the linker file "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.4\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\ Processor_Expert\Kinetis\TWR-K60N512\PWM\Project_Settings\Linker_Files\ProcessorExpert.lcf" will not being changed when I change the build settings,

SDHC:MK60DN512Z_INTERNAL_RAM ==> SDHC:MK60DN512Z_INTERNAL_FLASH.

Is this same for your CW10.4?

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

What you need to do is to switch to the appropriate Generator configuration (..._Internal_flash). The configurations are visile in the Component view and should be pre-set to select appropriate CPU component (notice that there are two - one is for set-up for code in RAM, the other for code in FLASH).

However, when I imported the PWM project, it seems that it's incorrectly set, because when you change the configuration, it does not switch the CPU, which is the component that actually produces the .LCF file. (There is a typo in the configuration name, there is MK60FN1M0.... instead MKDN60.....)

The workaround is to select the CPU manually (you can also see the picture below):

- Invoke pop-up menu for the second CPU component

- Select "Component enabled" option.

- Re-generate the code.

enable_cpu.png

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos

rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

Following your instruction, I can change the .lcf  file when I change between RAM and FLASH, the PWM.afx.xMAP file seems correct,

when I set it to FLASH, it works during debug mode, but when I recycle the power it doesn't work at all.

The attached files are the files in my PC, please check whether it is the same in your PC?

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have imported your project and it seems set to RAM.

Please check if your project looks as on this picture:

int_flash.png

Does it match?

If not, select the Generator configuration using command "Select active configuration":

(This is the normal way how the targets should be switched in PEx as it ensures that it changes CPU settings and also switches CodeWarrior build configuration):

select config.png

Then try to clean and build the project again.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos

rabbit
Contributor III

Hi Petr,

Thanks.

I check the settings, all correct as you indicated.

I check the ProcessorExperter.lcf and PWM.afx.xMAP file, it is in the FLASH.

It works for my DEBUGGER, but it still not working after I recycle the power.

I can't work out the reason, but I find the function "printf("*** \n\r");" print message to console

during debugging,  for other examples the print message  goes to Uart3.

Something wrong with this project.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Then it might be somehow related to debug connection. Can you completely disconnect the debug connection? Or at least quit CodeWarrior and then switch off/on the power.

On Kinetis L I have experienced that the application doesn't run standalone when the CodeWarrior is running. The debugger somehow blocks cpu from running eve though it's not active in the IDE. After closing CW the application was running after power on normally.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

0 Kudos