Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1024 GUI Flash Tool Programming Designed Card

Jump to solution
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear Authorized,

• I have designed card which uses IMXRT1024. During software tests, I have faced with an undefined error. I was successfully debugging my card before I tried to program my card with GUI Flash Tool. I loss my connection with my card after I tried program my card with GUI Flash Tool.
  • Sometimes, I was facing with this issue in my 1024-EVK. Then, I was trying to gain access my JTAG with proposed solution in NXP Community. (Boot Mode Change) : https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/iMXRT1024-unable-to-access-internal-flash/m-p/1670572#M25537
  • Therefore, I tried to switch between Serial Downloader Mode and Internal Boot Mode. But nothing changes. I am now not able to gain access to my flash. Could you please help me?

• Debug Probe : PEMicro Multilink FX
  • MCUXpresso : v11.7.0
  • SDK : 2.13.0

Thanks and Regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my apologized I reviewed an old information, but yes, the universal has support for the RT1024 sorry.

Maybe this thread helps you to recovery control.

RT board recovery for debugger connect issues - NXP Community

Best regards,
Pavel

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Thank you so much. I will be applying proposed solution.

Best wishes.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, could you tell me what version is your Universal multilink?

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @Pavel_Hernandez 

I am using PEMicro Multilink Universal FX - Rev B.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I am afraid this P&E Micro does not have support for the family of RT.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1687384260598.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

Hi Dear @Pavel_Hernandez ,

Are you sure ? Is this support issue eligible just for programming flash or debugging IMXRT1024?

I am asking this because I am able to debug my card through the 5 months. The problem rised after programming my card with GUI Flash Tool with GPT integrated version of my software. I didn't face with any issue before implementing GPT to my software.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my apologized I reviewed an old information, but yes, the universal has support for the RT1024 sorry.

Maybe this thread helps you to recovery control.

RT board recovery for debugger connect issues - NXP Community

Best regards,
Pavel

Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

I tried your solution. But it is not working in my case. Could you please help me about my error? How to move a step further?

FLASH_Kurtarma_Hatası.png

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, did you try the second method on the same page? 

2.2 SPT Mass Erase

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

I didn't try it. I have only JTAG connection to my board. I think that USB and UART connection is a must for SPT Mass Erase. Is it possible to use SPT Mass Erase with JTAG connection?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I´m afraid that is not possible but if you have a FTDI or any USB to Uart you can use the LPUART 1 and change the boot mode to 01.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Lukas_Frank
Senior Contributor I

I have FTDI module. I want to use LPUART1. Could you please help me? How can I quickly recover my cards? Should I create a custom UART code to configure my card to 0-0-0-1 (serial) downloader mode ?

I have 6 crashed card at the same situation and it is important for me to recover them. Do you want me to create a new issue for that ?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, I will help you, but this case is closed could you help me open a new ticket, if you think we need to review a schematic please do not open a ticket ion community, and then tag my name.

Best regards,
Pavel