Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web browser in yocto image

Jump to solution
rans
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I haven't found web browser in my imx6 yocto image.

Maybe I missed something ?

If not - is there a suggestion for any simple web browser which I can add ? I've tried to add chromium, but becuase my build system is 32, I get "exhausted memory" error, so I probably better try add other browser.

Thank you,

Ran

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

as stated in sect.5.6.6 :

The Yocto Project community has chromium-imx recipes to enable hardware acceleration

for X11, XWayland, and Wayland version Chromium Browser for i.MX SoC with GPU hardware.

Note that NXP does not support or test the patches from the community, neither for VPU or GPU support.

and this may be posted on meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with it could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ran

supported browsers are described in sect.5.6.6 Chromium Browser on X11, XWayland, and Wayland,

sect.5.6.7 Qt 5 and QtWebEngine browsers attached Yocto Guide

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
rans
Senior Contributor I

Thanks,

But for some reason , although there are examples in qt5 , there is no webenginewidgets directory in .../qt5/examples.

And chromium does not build on 32-bit machine because of "exhaused memory".

Thanks,

Ran

0 Kudos
guna007
Contributor III

Could you try using external swap memory (pendrive) to build chromium in 32bit machines?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

as stated in sect.5.6.6 :

The Yocto Project community has chromium-imx recipes to enable hardware acceleration

for X11, XWayland, and Wayland version Chromium Browser for i.MX SoC with GPU hardware.

Note that NXP does not support or test the patches from the community, neither for VPU or GPU support.

and this may be posted on meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with it could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos