cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

srtp with caam?

gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to stream some data using libsrtp. But i thought of using hardware encryption(CAAM) for relaying stream. i'm using openssl with libsrtp.I want to use caam hardware encryption not software encryption with openssl does anyone has idea. please share it. i have security reference manual which doesn't provide much of software coding point of view.

regards,

Ganesh Biradar

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to section 9 (Security) of “i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf”:

The CAAM drivers are accelerated through the CryptoDev interface.

So, it is possible to perform operations with CAAM under Linux

as much as an application uses the CryptoDev interface. 

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.52_1.1.0_LINUX_DOCS&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=S...

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri​ 

"The CAAM drivers are accelerated through the CryptoDev interface." well i know this i already read all document but my task right now is i have to allow libSRTP to use CAAM hardware encryption.

specifically, how to use cryptodev with libSRTP that i have to know. if you could point any document or link it will be nice. i have to add this feature for project next release. Deadline is very near.

regards,

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In order to use OpenSSL engine, some changes should be provided in libsrtp.

Hope the following helps.

libsrtp / Mailing Lists

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

gbiradar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri

i have followed  the link but still i'm able to get the hardware encryption for my project.

please any specific document which tell how to do it?

libsrtp-1.5.3 + openssl + cryptodev engine?

regards,

Ganesh Biradar

0 Kudos