Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 X Secure Debug Usage Guide

Jump to solution
wdcrith
Contributor II

Hello NXP,

I am working on a custom piece of hardware which uses the iMX8 X (specifically the IMX8 DX) SOC. I am looking for guidance on how to test out the secure debug (secure JTAG) function of the processor.

I have found references to other application notes aimed at the IMX8M, but no such document for the IMX8 X.

Help in locating the correct document or usage guide would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
wdcrith
Contributor II

Thanks, good to know that the IMX8X secure debug is similar in function to the IMX8M.

Looking into this more it appears that steps are provided for secure debug usage in the application note AN12631 (section 6)

Normal and Secure Debug for i.MX8/8X Family of Applications Processors

Though that application note references Lauterbach debugger scripts for handling the secure debug handshaking. Which sounds like those scripts are only available via direct contact to Lauterbach or by opening a support request with NXP for those script files.

That info was found here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Lauterbach-scripts-for-i-MX8/m-p/1135278

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is security reference manual that need nda to access but in general the JTAG is the same as MX8M.

regards

0 Kudos
wdcrith
Contributor II

Thanks, good to know that the IMX8X secure debug is similar in function to the IMX8M.

Looking into this more it appears that steps are provided for secure debug usage in the application note AN12631 (section 6)

Normal and Secure Debug for i.MX8/8X Family of Applications Processors

Though that application note references Lauterbach debugger scripts for handling the secure debug handshaking. Which sounds like those scripts are only available via direct contact to Lauterbach or by opening a support request with NXP for those script files.

That info was found here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors/Lauterbach-scripts-for-i-MX8/m-p/1135278

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos