iMX6ULL DDR3L script aid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6ULL DDR3L script aid

Carmelo
Contributor II

Hi, I have used the I.MX6ULL_DDR3_Script_Aid_V0.01 script aid but it does not permit to set-up all the parameters. Is it available a script that permit to set-up more parameters, for example I can not set up the type of memory that is present in my system (DDR3L-1866).

Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carmelo,

The i.MX6ULL DDR bus just support memories from 800MHz, of course, you may select one that can run at more frequency but the device won't use all this speed, and also please be aware that this device does not support SO DIMM, do you have the part number of the memory you are using?

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Israel H.

Carmelo
Contributor II

Good morning Israel,

RAM part number is D2516ECMDXGJDI.

Currently we are using our SOM without problems, the only problem tha i faced is that during DDR stress test I setup 400 MHz for clock frequency but when I analyze it by the oscilloscope the frequency is fixed around 300 MHz.

Thank you in advance

Carmelo

0 Kudos

nxf63675
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carmelo,

This could be caused by different things, it will depend on your setup, the oscilloscope, oscilloscope probe, first be sure that the oscilloscope can register more than 300MHz, also that the oscilloscope probe can check more than that.

Also be sure that you do not have any EMI noise near, this causes anomalies on the measure.

Regards,

Israel.

0 Kudos

Carmelo
Contributor II

Hi Israel,

the oscilloscpe is a Lecroy SDA820zi (Teledyne LeCroy - SDA 820Zi-B) this oscilloscope is able to perform the test. The set-up of the oscilloscope and the probe was analyzed by a Lecroy technician and he confirm its correctness. The test was performed in a dedicate laboratory and I can confirm the no presence of EMI noise.
To obtain the .inc file (used in NXP DDR stress test tool for windows) before I used this script aid "I.MX6ULL_DDR3_Script_Aid_V0.01" and then this "MX6UL_MMDC_DDR3_register_programming_aid" as advised from your colleague, the second permit to set-up mor parameters but the result does not change.

In attached you can see some screenshot take during the test.

Thank you

0 Kudos