Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6DP/QP and eMMC HS200 mode

Jump to solution
JohnDoe1z
Contributor III

Hello,

the iMX6 DualPlus reference manual states that the uSDHC supports the MMC HS200 mode (section 68.1.2.1). However, the uSDHC driver coming with linux 4.9.11 does not advertise the HS200 mode for the DP/QP variants.

Is the HS200 mode supported by the iMX6 DP/QP and if so, why is the driver not reflecting that?

BR

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JohnDoe1z

it does not support HS200 mode and latest rev.1 Reference Manual (2017)

has not reference to HS200.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi JohnDoe1z

it does not support HS200 mode and latest rev.1 Reference Manual (2017)

has not reference to HS200.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

JohnDoe1z
Contributor III

Thanks! I didn't notice that a new reference manual was released.

I modified the driver to use HS200 and from my first test it was working (SDx_CLK was according to HS200) and the transfer rate from the eMMC also increased by 60%. But it's probably just "luck" that it works...

0 Kudos