cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX53 USB OTG port

ericmar81
Contributor II

Hi,

1. May I know what is the use of the USB_OTG_VBUS pin of iMX53? Should this pin be tied to the External 5V USB power?

2. And how about the VBUS pin of the MC34708 PMIC? It is described as I/O pin for "USB transceiver cable interface VBUS & OTG supply output" in the Datasheet. Should this pin be tied to the External 5V USB power as well?

3. Does anyone encounter "USB Device Not Recognized" upon connecting the iMX53 to a Computer? When this happens, it will be shown as Unknown device in the Device Manager. But sometimes it does work as per normal though.

USB_Device_Not_Recognized.PNG.png

Thanks & regards,

Eric

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric

please look at reference schematic for connection USB_OTG_VBUS

MCIMX53-START-R i.MX53 QS Board Schematics :

i.MX53 Quick Start board with MC34708

for VBUS PMIC usage one can check datasheet MC34708

"USB Device Not Recognized" means that smth wrong with software,

running on that board. Also that may be caused by long USB cable,

noise or weak usb signal.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ericmar81
Contributor II

Hello igor,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I did refer to the Schematic of i.MX53 Quick Start board with MC34708. I did also refer to the i.MX53 System Development User's Guide for reference. According to the latter, it is recommended to use a series 47ohm resistor with a 1uF cap at the VBUS.

The QSB is using a ferrite bead instead. Is this going to be okay?

micro_b.PNG.png

USB_recommendations.PNG.png

As for the PMIC VBUS, I did check on the datasheet but it is not clearly explained the function of this pin and how it should be connected.

Thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>The QSB is using a ferrite bead instead. Is this going to be okay?

yes.

>As for the PMIC VBUS, I did check on the datasheet but it is not clearly explained the function of this pin and how it should be connected.

I would suggest to create new thread for that, since this subject is quite complicated.

~igor

0 Kudos

ericmar81
Contributor II

Hi,

I am experiencing the following problem right now.

I did try to update the driver but it does not help.

Is there anyone who can help on this?

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Eric

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MFG Tool may not work properly with USB 3.0

controller. Try to disable it.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

ericmar81
Contributor II

But some other units are working fine though. Anyway, I am not using the MFG Tool, I am just trying connect to the i.MX53 processor through USB.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos