does imx6 vivante support alpha belnding in directfb?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does imx6 vivante support alpha belnding in directfb?

Jump to solution
sonijcp
Contributor II

Hi I'm using directfb to run multiple applications on multiple displays (mainly die to the low overhead, configuration resources etc compared to X)

I can run test apps but in any where there is a blended foreground and background I get a distorted off colour image (I assume because only 1 layer can be accessed directfb reports no error on initialisation but dbinfo only detects a background layer (possibly the issue?))

Programs used to reproduce this df_andi and df_neo

The board I'm using is the variscite var-som-mx6 with their build of yocto daisy as a starting point.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sonijcp
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks that was really helpful the problem wasn't alpha blending but the way the Variscite device tree was setup by default. After playing around with some of the test tools in the bundle it soon became pretty obvious.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi james

alpha blending is supported in directfb, as described in attached

document p.47. Please try with L3.14.28_1.0.0_iMX6QDLS_BUNDLE

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
sonijcp
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks that was really helpful the problem wasn't alpha blending but the way the Variscite device tree was setup by default. After playing around with some of the test tools in the bundle it soon became pretty obvious.

0 Kudos