cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx8qm DRAM ecc configuration

Jump to solution
roffelsen
Contributor I

Can someone point me to documentation on how configure, enable, and test DRAM ECC on the i.mx 8QuadMax? IMX8QMRM indicates ECC on DRAM is supported but I can't find any details on how to enable it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct this answer, i.MX8QM doesn't support ECC, iMX8DXL support this, the ECC keyword  in reference manual and DDR script doesn't mean it supports ECC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
roffelsen
Contributor I

> IMX8QMRM indicates ECC on DRAM

I think I have to take that back, the manual mentions ECC in the DDR Controller section but no where do I find it saying it is supported. Given that and the lack of documentation on how to configure it I am guessing ECC on DRAM is not supported.

0 Kudos
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The default setting has enabled the ecc feature, can you share if you are facing issue in your product.

0 Kudos
roffelsen
Contributor I

Are you saying  the i.mx8qm supports ecc on DRAM and turns it on by default at processor startup?

If so:

1) Can you point me to where this is documented?

2) What is the processor response when a non-correctable double bit DRAM ecc error occurs?

3) If there a way to inject ecc errors in DRAM so  fault response can be tested?

0 Kudos
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct this answer, i.MX8QM doesn't support ECC, iMX8DXL support this, the ECC keyword  in reference manual and DDR script doesn't mean it supports ECC.

0 Kudos