cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M Mini GPIO timing question

martinbernier
Contributor I

Hi,

at the reset state all GPIO will be in input mode, what will be the delay from reset state to configuration, for a GPIO on the 3.3V domain, let say I need to configure a GPIO in output and set a specific level.  I'm using the same booth up sequence as the 8M mini EVK, so what will be delay for the 3.3V to be ready and the GPIO configured?

Thank you

Martin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Most GPIO pins are input after reset and the software configures it as output. So the time is application dependent.

As for GPIO pins that are output by default (like PMIC_ON_REQ one) there is no time specified.

0 Kudos

martinbernier
Contributor I

My question is more about the settle time from boot up, not at what speed we can toggle a GPIO.  So how much time it will take from boot to fully configured GPIO?

Thank you

Martin

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> So how much time it will take from boot to fully configured GPIO?

after POR release GPIO module is fully configured and ready to use,

please look at Figure 3. The power-up sequence

i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Datasheet for Consumer Products

Best regards
igor

martinbernier
Contributor I

Thank you

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin

i.MX8M Mini GPIO module is the same as in i.MX6Q,

with about 5MHz typical delays as described on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/323306 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos