Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 Evaluation - Known Working Configuration for Android

Jump to solution
adwait
Contributor II

Hello,

I wanted to evaluate Android on the i.MX7Dual Sabre evaluation board and it's LCD panel (LCD8000-43T).

Is there a know software configuration (Android demo release) that works out the box?

By 'works out of the box' I mean that the Android UI should be displayed on the a monitor, without requiring any additional configuration or build.

I ask this because I recently purchased i.MX7ULP evaluation kit (MCIMX7ULP-EVK) and it's MIPI DSI display (TFT3P5581-T). But when I flash the Android P9.0.0_2.2.0 prebuilt image from NXP, I don't see any thing on the display. Furthermore, there is no display using standard HDMI monitors either. This might be because this is a relatively new board and the software release is also recent and some things might not be implemented or may be buggy. I have raised a support ticket to NXP regarding this.

So can someone tell me about their experience with i.MX7Dual Sabre + Android BSP image.

If you have a known working configuration then please let me the following details:

-The exact Android release that is known to be working (link will be appreciated).

-The display that was used (HDMI or LCD).

-Whether touch support (for LCD) worked out of the box.

-Any boot-loader configuration that may be required or useful.

Thanks a lot.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adwait,

MX7D work with android Things with MIPI WVGA TFT3P5581. More info:

https://developer.android.com/things/hardware/imx7d 

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Adwait,

MX7D work with android Things with MIPI WVGA TFT3P5581. More info:

https://developer.android.com/things/hardware/imx7d 

Regards

adwait
Contributor II

This is for the PICO-IMX7 board from TechNexion.

I am looking for an evaluation board directly from NXP - or one with open hardware schematics.

Thanks for your help anyways.

0 Kudos