Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6S based Design

Jump to solution
bipinbhatt
Contributor II

Hi! Community,

I am new in the design field.

I am wandering to find the approach to design the board with several interfaces like LPDDR2, DISPLAY, CAMERA etc...based on i.MX6.

I am facing difficulty in finding processor pin for specific functionality.:smileyconfused:

If anybody have suggestion for me please help me.:smileyhappy:

I also want to know how to read datasheet of processor for specific purpose.

Please Help me.....

Thanks in advance....

1 Solution
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Bipin,

As a sample design/layout, Boundary devices has some published info on their SabreLite design.  It is located:

http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/

This is for the imX6Q, but will give you the general idea of what an iMX6 design would look like.

Cheers,

Sam

View solution in original post

6 Replies
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Bipin,

As a sample design/layout, Boundary devices has some published info on their SabreLite design.  It is located:

http://boundarydevices.com/products/sabre-lite-imx6-sbc/

This is for the imX6Q, but will give you the general idea of what an iMX6 design would look like.

Cheers,

Sam

bipinbhatt
Contributor II

Good Day Sam,

I thank you for your regards:smileyplus:support.

Bipin

0 Kudos
samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Bipin,

You are most welcome!  I am glad that I was able to assist.

Also, just so you are aware... obtaining iMX6 parts anytime soon and/or even getting a firm estimated part delivery date is not nearly as straightforward.  I have tried repeatedly to obtain an accurate date as to when I could receive iMX6 parts and Freescale has been reluctant to do so until after the iMX6's formal release date in mid November... which is very problematic if one is trying to properly schedule a project...

Cheers,

Sam

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I/O muxing tool should help you get started with this. Please check with your local sales/FAE team for access to this. Although datasheet (and reference manual) are a must to understand if you plan to design real HW with i.MX 6Solo.

Vladan

bipinbhatt
Contributor II

Hi! Vladan Jovanovic,

Thank you for your support.:smileyhappy:

But I don't find I/O mux tool for i.MX6. It is available for

• i.MX233

• i.MX25

• i.MX28

• i.MX35

• i.MX51

• i.MX53

Thanks again....

Bipin

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When i.MX 6 is launched to general market all of the collateral, including I/O mux tool, should be available through Freescale web site. Before that, you'll have to contact your local Freescale sales team to obtain access to this material.

Vladan