I am using the i.MX53 SABRE board to build and load a the iMX53_SMD_Mobility project. At this time I'm interested in getting past the bootloader problem (eboot.nb0) on the SD card.
1) I've created eboot.nb0 binary.
2) Programmed eboot.nb0 binary onto the SD card using CFImager.exe.
3) Change DIP switch for booting.
4) Placed SD Card into slot and powered up, but I am not getting any output from the display or event the debug output board when connecting a terminal.
Has anyone found a way to resolve this?
Please see attachment for more detailed instructions (i.MX53SabreBoardWEC7_BuildEBoot.pdf).
The steps in the Freescale document "WCE700_MX53_ER_1105_SMD_UserGuide.pdf" (Section 5.3.1 - "Building an EBOOT Image for SD/MMS Card") do not allow me to get to a running state.
Solved! Go to Solution.
You don't see any message in terminal window, isn't it?
According my experience, I have next problems:
- I forgot select SD/MMC as Boot Device in boot menu from terminal window (User guide, chapter 6.4 steps 3 and 4)
- I forgot change KITL setting in boot menu from terminal window (I forgot what value must be setuped, I try several while don't receive OS boot)
Try to use reset button. Sometimes it helps.
I saw your question on another page where You use your own OS image build. Try binary files from freescale site. If it will work, You have bad OS design configuration.
You are correct. There is no messages coming from the Terminal. I was hoping to see a message to tell me that it is attempting to boot from the SD card, but nothing. It has to be something in this bootloader (eboot). I have managed to get Ubuntu running from the SD Card.
I cannot even get to this menu:
It is very strange. Try another USB wire, try putty programm, if You didn't. I think your debug port is broken. It is my supposition. Maybe, there are another settings in PCB to turn on debug port. But I don't know about it.