Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make secure boot of kernel and RFS

Jump to solution
PramodKumar
Contributor IV

Hi,

Please help us to make encrypted kernel and RFS and boot the i.MX233 based board.

Regards,

Pramod Kumar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX23 supports encrypted boot, described in section  5.1 (i.MX28 encrypted boot in a nut-shell)
of the app note AN4555 (Secure Boot with i.MX28 HAB Version 4). Also please refer to Chapter 35

(Boot Modes) of the i.MX23 Reference Manual. Note, the i.MX23 does not support HAB technology.

So, it is possible to use encrypted boot of a bootloader ( say, U-boot) and further activities regarding
kernel and RFS should be performed by U-boot. Sorry, we do not have an app note about this.

Regards,

Yuri.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX23 supports encrypted boot, described in section  5.1 (i.MX28 encrypted boot in a nut-shell)
of the app note AN4555 (Secure Boot with i.MX28 HAB Version 4). Also please refer to Chapter 35

(Boot Modes) of the i.MX23 Reference Manual. Note, the i.MX23 does not support HAB technology.

So, it is possible to use encrypted boot of a bootloader ( say, U-boot) and further activities regarding
kernel and RFS should be performed by U-boot. Sorry, we do not have an app note about this.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos