Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMMC support for iMX6 Linux BSP

Jump to solution
honeysukesan
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am a newbie in iMX platform.

I would like to know about the availability of eMMC NAND flash support in iMX6 BSP.

As per the i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf, the MMC Linux driver supports eMMC4.4 SDR and DDR modes.

Does it mean eMMC is supported in accessing NAND flash also?

As per Micron technical document e·MMC Linux Enablement, I understood that a platform specific host layer is needed

in the Linux kernel. Is this layer supported for iMX6 platform controllers in iMX6 BSP?

Thanks,

Honey S

Labels (3)
Tags (4)
1 Solution
Paul_Kang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Honey,

I think you are conused with eMMC and NAND. Usually, eMMC means NAND flash with controller including ECC and it is  connected thru SDHC. But NAND, usually it is refered as 'raw NAND', is pure NAND device which can be connected GPMI I/F of i.MX6. And our internal BCH block can be used for its operation.

eMMC can be connected thru uSDHC I/F and it is supported by our BSP.

Best regards,

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Paul_Kang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Honey,

I think you are conused with eMMC and NAND. Usually, eMMC means NAND flash with controller including ECC and it is  connected thru SDHC. But NAND, usually it is refered as 'raw NAND', is pure NAND device which can be connected GPMI I/F of i.MX6. And our internal BCH block can be used for its operation.

eMMC can be connected thru uSDHC I/F and it is supported by our BSP.

Best regards,

Paul

honeysukesan
Contributor II

Dear all,

Could anyone please put a reply to this post?

I am waiting for your reply. It's so urgent. please..

Thanks,

Honey S

0 Kudos