does libfslcodec ever have armhf version?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does libfslcodec ever have armhf version?

wallyyeh
Contributor V

Hi, All:

read lots thread talking this, and from this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/message/350232?commentID=350232#comment-350232 

Otavio said libfslcodec will be armhf available in yocto dora branch; but it doesn't. I also tried newest one - imx-codec for version 4.0.9. it still be armel, I just use command "ldd" these *.so files and armhf rootfs will print following messages:

not a dynamic executable

But if I use command "ldd" these *.so files in my previous armel rootfs, it will print info correctly:

libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libm.so.6 (0x40887000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6 (0x408f3000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/librt.so.1 (0x409d6000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40000000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libpthread.so.0 (0x409e4000)

Does anyone know how to get these files for armhf? thanks.

Wally

Labels (1)
4 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wally,

As far as I know the library it is not release to the public, the latest version it is the one in the GitHub of the Community BSP, handle by Otavio,  so I do not think it is going to be in the near future.

0 Kudos

wallyyeh
Contributor V

Hi, Jamesbone:

Thanks for reply. :smileyhappy:

I need these libraries only for HW decoded for gstreamer-0.1 plugins. I took a look at the GitHub, and there's gstreamer-1.0 plugins named "gstreamer-imx" at the GitHub of the FSL Community BSP:

gstreamer-imx/faq.md at master · Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub 

So it seems that imx-codec libraries is not needed anymore? does the "gstreamer-imx" already have the ability to call VPU handle the audio/video?

Wally

0 Kudos

quenreyn
Contributor III

Hi Wally Yeh,

I am asking the same question, did you get an answer to:

So it seems that imx-codec libraries is not needed anymore? does the "gstreamer-imx" already have the ability to call VPU handle the audio/video?

Thanks in advance,

Q.R

0 Kudos

wallyyeh
Contributor V

Hi, Quenin:

Sorry I've been a long vacation. And no, I didn't find out that is imx-codec needed by gstreamer-imx or not.

since we still stick to old SDK version 3.0.35-4.1.0; I just copied the armhf version libfslcodec libraries from early yocto project (maybe dora or later I think).

To find out your answer, just compile the current yocto project for imx6 with multimedia support; and use "ldd" to see if gstreamer-imx need imx-codec libraries or not.

Wally

0 Kudos