cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find mfgtool version 2.7.0 for Linux

mattia_maldini
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am working on a SOM with i.MX6UL on it. The customer support of the producer (wireless-tag) warned me that `uuu` (the latest evolution of mfgtools) is not supported to update the flash memory via USB, and that they instead use mfgtools version 2.7.0 .

I have visited the Github repository of mfgtools (GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. ), but the earliest version I can find is the 2.8.0 . Is there an archive where I can get that specific iteration?

Thanks for the assistance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

mattia_maldini
Contributor II

Hello yuri,

Yes, that is indeed version 2.7, but for Windows. Unfortunately, I was looking for the Linux version.

In the meantime I figured out that the tool was probably never supported for Linux, let alone version 2.7 . The latest version on the branch linux is 2.3.4, and it fails to compile.

I will either use a virtual machine or an actual windows machine.

mattia_maldini
Contributor II

Hello Yuri,

That is marked as version 2.1 (both in the name of the package and in the Release Notes), I'm looking for 2.7. Is there a reason I shoudn't use such version?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The Summary Page, mentioned above, contains many (archieve) MFG releases, which

were tested and used with corresponding Linux BSPs.   Just take MFG with needed NXP BSP

release.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

mattia_maldini
Contributor II

Hello Yuri,

I am unable to find the specific version I'm looking for, which is mfgtools 2.7 . I am looking for this specific version because it is the one the SOM vendor indicated as the one supported by its product.

Does such version exist? If it does, it is not present in the summary page. Is there any reason I cannot find that specific version? If so, I can inquire the vendor further or try a different version. Before that, however, I would like to know whether mfgtools version 2.7 is available.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The following is MFG git.

GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. 

Sources of the 2.7 :

GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools at windows 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please try the following package:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX_L4.1.15_2.1.0_MFG_TOOL

Summary Page:

i.MX Software | NXP 

Have a great day,

Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos