Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog disable

Jump to solution
shamiksaha
Contributor II

Hi guys,

As a mistake while blowing the fuses in U-Boot, I set the watchdog enable fuse as well, now every 90 seconds my board gets reset. Can the watchdog be disabled by software in uboot after setting the fuse??

Please help.....

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
shamiksaha
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Yuri,

I found the solution. In the System Reset Control register (SRC_SCR) at address 0x20d8000 there is a watchdog mask bit. On setting this bit i'm able to avoid the constant resetting, however due to this software rest is disabled and I have to manually reset the board everytime.

regards,

Shamik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to Watchdog Control Register (WDOGx_WCR) description

the WDZST, WDBG, WDW, WDE, WDT bits  are write-once only bits.
Once the software does a write access to these bits, they will be locked

and cannot be reprogrammed until the next system reset assertion.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
shamiksaha
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Yuri,

I found the solution. In the System Reset Control register (SRC_SCR) at address 0x20d8000 there is a watchdog mask bit. On setting this bit i'm able to avoid the constant resetting, however due to this software rest is disabled and I have to manually reset the board everytime.

regards,

Shamik