cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPU Encoder clarification

itzikperetz
Contributor I

I have some other questions:

1. Can you explain me what is the sliceMode parameter in the encoder?

2. What the differences between the available modes? Is sliceSize related to NALU Size?

3. I saw that the encoder only supports Base profile, but i didn't see any limitation regarding to set H264 level. Can you explain me how to set the level for the encoder?

Thanks,

Itzik

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

“A slice is a spatially distinct region of a frame that is encoded separately from

any other region in the same frame. In that standard, instead of I-frames, P-frames,

and B-frames, there are I-slices, P-slices, and B-slices”.

As for VPU slice mode details, please take a look at section 3.2.2.10 (EncSliceMode)

of “i.MX_6_VPU_Application_Programming_Interface_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf”.

As for profile and level setting, please refer to section 3.2.2.4 (EncHeaderParam).

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.14.28_1.0.0_iMX6QDLS_BUNDLE&appType=license&loc...

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos