cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCP (Virtual COM Ports) Driver is not working on i.MX6Q

kovzone
Contributor I

Dear All,

I need to develop Hobbit Board from POSLAB with i.MX6Q on it using Linux (Ubuntu, Arch Linux, or Debian) OS on it because later we have to deliver thousands of these devices to our client. I've tried to use Mfgtools, it was succeeded on installation but when I restarted it, it shows nothing. Even the usb is not detected in usbtreeview. The problem was posted here.

So now I'm trying to put u-boot only, but the problem is I couldn't connect to the board through Terminal (i.e. HyperTerminal, Tera Term, or Putty) because it's using USB OTG. 

But in iMX Linux User's Guide, it's said that we could install VCP from FTDI so we could monitor the board using Terminal. After I install the driver, it's not working as it said. There should be USB serial converter, and the corresponding serial port on it (see vcp.png in attachment). But in my case (see my_case.png in attachment), the device is connected as HID-compliant vendor-defined device and nothing shown in usb and ports like vcp.png.

Anyone has the solution? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kovzone
Contributor I

Sorry, After I read the User Guide, looks like the problem is I didn't connect the USB to UART port to computer (Because in my board, it is not exist, only 1 micro usb for USB OTG). Don't know what to do now.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Lutfi

uart debug port, uart1 in case i.MX6Q Sabre SD should be connected to FT232 USB to serial

UART interface as on p.13 SPF-27392 Sabre schematic

Schematics (1)
i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES
SABRE Platform for Smart Devices|NXP 

Pc FT232  driver can be obtained from FT232R 

Other option with RS-232 Transceiver like SP3232 on Sabre AI board spf-27142 p.19

Schematics (5)
Design files for i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite CPU1 Cards
Design files for Base Board

SABRE|Automotive-Infotainment|i.MX6|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos