Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using touchscreen with 2 displays

Jump to solution
yavuz_mutlu
Contributor II

Hi there,

I am trying to run Linux image on two displays. The displays are OK. However, only one of the displays have touchscreen. We run 2 different QT application on 2 different displays. The touchscreen interface runs, however, the touch events we make on the touchscreen display is responsive on the display that does not have touchscreen, what I mean is for example, when I touch the touchscreen coordinates 100,100 on the touchscreen display, the board thinks that I touched 100,100 coordinates on the display that does not have touchscreen.

I tried to change the primary display in the device tree, but no luck. I have done research on weston, again I could not find anything to redirect touch events to the touch display.

The board is iMX8 Quad Max

Weston uses xwayland backend, Yocto BSP version is 4.14.98

What should I do to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yavuz_mutlu
Contributor II

Hi,

I asked the same question to the wayland-devel mailing group, and they recommended that I should add WL_OUTPUT property to the udev rules for the input device. When I set the WL_OUTPUT=LVDS-2, the problem seems to be solved.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yavuz_mutlu
Contributor II

Hi,

I asked the same question to the wayland-devel mailing group, and they recommended that I should add WL_OUTPUT property to the udev rules for the input device. When I set the WL_OUTPUT=LVDS-2, the problem seems to be solved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please also try to swap display numbers (0<->1) in device tree and u-boot.

0 Kudos