USB OTG issue in Serial Downloading mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB OTG issue in Serial Downloading mode?

shree97
Contributor II

Hello Community,

We want to run the DDR calibration test on our custom board (i.MX6S processor) for that we set the BOOT_MODE[1:0]=01.

we have checked all the power rails and all are seems to be good.

In the OTG connection we have connected the OTG_VBUS, USB0_OTG_N and USB0_OTG_P(we don't have OTG_PWR_EN pin in our schematics) directly to the connector and kept the OTG_ID pin as floating.

After connecting the USB cable in OTG connector we measured the USB OTG related voltages and they are as below:

VDDHIGH_IN=2.8V

USBH1_VBUS=5V

VDDUSB_CAP=3.0V

USB_OTG_VBUS=5.1V

But still the USB OTG is not detecting in our HOST(windows PC) machine.

After that we tried with giving pull up to OTG_ID but no success.

also please provide the clarity on the below statement from HW design checklist(How to switch ON the OTG VBUS supply after boards power up?)

To comply with the USB OTG specification, the VBUS supply on the OTG connector should default to off when the boards power up.

Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Best Regards,

Shree

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

To get the i.MX6 USB OTG get detected on  a HOST(windows PC) i.MX boot ROM should start.

Please double check Your design, using the Design Checklist and Chapter 6 (Avoiding Board Bring-up

Problems)  of Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6.

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-93819 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos